If you are a member with children aged 6 months to 8 years, you can feel free to use our child supervision program during available hours while you are onsite using our facilities. We want to make it easier for parents to do the activities they love while knowing that their kids are in great hands.
This is the complete list of our child supervision policies:
Child Access Chart
⇒ *Children 6 months and older must have a membership or purchase a day pass
⇒ *Children 10 – 13 are permitted in the Cardio/Strength Room ONLY if they have received personal training from an LPC personal trainer AND they are directly supervised by a parent.
⇒ Children may NOT be on walking track unaccompanied by an adult.
⇒ Children under the age of 14 are NOT permitted to use the CONNEXUS area and surrounding equipment.
⇒ Children are NOT permitted on Spin bikes or in the Spin Bike area.
Parents are responsible for their child and their child’s actions if the child is under the age of 18. This means that the parent is responsible to insure that their child abides by the rules and regulations and behaves in an appropriate manner. Parents will be called if a child’s behavior cannot be managed while checked in to Child Care or while utilizing other areas of the facility.
Please review the Child Supervision guidelines especially in regard to the two hour time limit set forth by NC State Regulations.
The Leila Patterson Center is pleased to offer child supervision for all members and registered guests visiting the LPC. To use this service your child must be an LPC member or have purchased a day pass from the front desk.
Child Care – 6 months to 8 years
Hours of Operation:
M-F 8am – 12pm
M-Th 3:15pm – 6:30pm
**Child Care may close without notice due to unforeseen events or illness
- Check-in and pick-up require parent/guardian signature.
- The responsible parent/guardian must register the child with the child care worker.
- A child may be in the child supervision center for a maximum of two hours. Parent will be called if child is left beyond the two hour limit.
- A parent/guardian must be in the facility at all times.
- Please make sure to change the child’s diaper before leaving them. Child care workers are not responsible for providing diapers or diaper changes. A parent will be informed if their child’s diaper needs to be changed. Parents should also take young children to the bathroom before leaving them.
- Do not bring children if they have been sick within the past 24 hours. Below are symptoms of cold and flu. Children showing multiple signs of these symptoms will not be allowed to stay.
- General aches & pains
- Fatigue & weakness
- Stuffy nose
- Runny nose
- Extreme exhaustion
- Sore throat
- Personal snacks and drinks may be brought in spill-proof containers. Please make child care worker aware of any known food allergies.
- Parents will be called for the following reasons:
- A child cannot be comforted within 10 minutes
- A child’s behavior cannot be managed
- A child is left beyond the 2 hour limit
- Personal toys are permitted but the LPC is NOT responsible for any damage.
If you have any questions, please feel free to speak to the Child Care worker or to a manager.